Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Mystery Zone: Part 2

Yesterday I made my 4th trip ever to the dollar store. (I’m not sure if it really counts as the 4th because the first 3 were all made in the same day) I blogged before about how surprised I was to find my pantry organizing supplies at the dollar store. Yesterday however I was very disappointed, I didn’t find anything I was looking for, and it was only one thing. I wanted a wire basket to hold the bags of rice in our lazy susan. I have 2 wire baskets purchased from Target in storage and hoped to find another like that. I even checked Target, and couldn’t find the same basket.  The only wire basket the dollar store had to offer was a divided basket for silverware and napkins. Not was I was looking for.

As I wondered around the dollar store (waiting for my Mom and Grandma) I just wasn’t as delightfully surprised with what I was finding as last time. Maybe my good experience to the dollar store was a fluke?! Right before we were going to leave I ended up on the back isles of the store with the tiny end caps. That is were I found a glimmer of hope. I found a super cute ceramic pitcher that would make a great spring/summer vase for flowers! It would have been cute enough to go into my room, but the color was a butter cream and my accessories are not that color in my room. I also found cute shoes, but rethought that when I realized I couldn’t bring myself to pay $8 at the dollar store for shoes (or anything really), and I also couldn’t bring myself to buy $8 shoes (or shoes period) from the dollar store. I also found super cute glass jars with brushed silver lids that came in 2 different sizes. I’m not sure what I would do with them so I didn’t buy any yet, yet. So I bought my $4 pitcher and lived to tell another story about the Mystery Zone.
(And yes, my niece Julya played with the display of neon wind chimes again)

Thanks God: The secret hidden treasures in dollar stores are on the back endcaps, so I've learned on my last trip there, I'm really no expert! Thank you God that no matter what we see, you see hidden treasures in all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment